Hello!!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do know this. That is why I am looking for LGDs. We are in the Rockies of Colorado, so yes, have bears and cougar. Have only seen one bear close to the property....but I know the threat. Having a hard time finding any dogs that are not Pyr or Pyr crosses...not enough dog for our area, and they tend to wander from their herd.
I loved the Pyrenees we had... but yes, fences are a must.

Dreamcatcher1265

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Seems that way, people that have them love them. I love the Anotolians that we have with the herd in Utah. Had a cougar come in, did get a lamb, but our male chased the cougar, was gone for 3 days (leaving the female with the herd), came back a bloody mess with hardly a mark on him. They are fearless, know their job, and have never left the herd unattended. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get to Utah, nor has he been able to come here to get me pups. So been trying to find some locally...no luck. Also like the Akbash and Kengals... but for some reason around here people want to mix them with the Pyrs....do not understand....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a almost 8 year old GP, male, that jumps fences. Fence has to be 5’ to keep him in. He is my second GP and the last. Have 2 Anatolians and I’m sold on Anatolians forever. Love them! Awesome guard dogs.

Dreamcatcher1265

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have a almost 8 year old GP, male, that jumps fences. Fence has to be 5’ to keep him in. He is my second GP and the last. Have 2 Anatolians and I’m sold on Anatolians forever. Love them! Awesome guard dogs.
I am so impressed with our Anotolians as well. Just wish I could find a puppy or two, but around here they feel the need to mix everything with the Pyrs... do not understand it.

Dreamcatcher1265

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I just dont understand it, each breed has its merits, and mixing does not guarantee any of the pups to keep any of the merits from either parent. I compounds the good, sometimes, but usually compound more of the bad.

Latest posts