Herdsire Qualifications - DNA testing

Donna R. Raybon

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
LA is the best!!! And, while concept is borrowed from dairy cow, make no mistake the judges and breeders of the best of the best dairy GOATS hammered ADGA program out!!!

If you can not figure out why a V udder is not an E udder??? Ask appraiser and you will get a point by point explanation. Sometimes it is as simple as doe is too young.

Also, You might want to dig into pedigree research and see quite a few bucks that stamped E udder on daughters had momma with only V.

I have found it easier to improve udder generation to generation, but really hard to keep E udder. Finding a buck that keeps E udder consistent is hard.

With Nubians I keep to lines that proved consistent...High Caliber Marvin's Big Max, Cadillac Piejar being my two favorite buck lines. Being neighbors to Cobble'sValley and Foxwood helped. And, I sure miss Patti Dean. Willow Run genetics were deep. Willow Run Pippin's Hesperos proved a great outcross buck.
My current herd sire is Cobble's Valley Geneson Jeeves. He goes back to my original doe on dam side, Simple Life Farm Kasey , as well as my first buck, Foxwood McCay's Doubled Up Max. He is THE standard to which I measure all others! Sweetest boy to ever draw breath and passed that on to daughters.