Hi from Missouri.

mamaperreca

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
HI all,

I am Jaime from Missouri.

We are homeschooling, hobby farmers.

We currently have 1 mama goat (Mini-Saanen), two wethers (also mini-saanen), 1 buckling (mini-nubian) and this years kid buckling who is looking for a home. I am milking mama.

We also have chickens, turkeys (for meat) and ducks. We usually do a batch of meat chickens each year as well. 2016 meat chickens already in the freezer weighing from 4.5 lbs to 8 lbs. DRESSED!!

We also enjoy gardening, 4H, shooting sports (guns and archery), and trying to keep up with it all.

Happy to be here.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH! Glad you decided to join in! Browse around :caf and make yourself at home. Feel free to jump in when you're ready. We're kinda pic fanatics here, so if you have some of your animals that you'd be willing to share, we'll be happy to OOOhhh and AAAhhhhh over them for you ;)

Ponker

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome from Arkansas. We're so close to Missouri that we regularly shop in Thayer and West Plains.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi there! I've only been on here for a few days so it is kind of weird saying welcome, but welcome! You sound like me! I have goats, chickens, turkeys, ducks and raise meat birds... Plus I homeschool and garden and love shooting also. We have pigs on top of it all looking forward to hearing more about your farm!

mamaperreca

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

My husband hunts deer and my daughter as well. The kids also do archery and rifle for 4H, so that is just target shooting right now.
D3zR63xKABzzdoVR6

Trying to add pics. We just built this new chicken tractor. It is huge but we hope it solves our grass vs. predators problem.

https://goo.gl/photos/D3zR63xKABzzdoVR6
4GFg5J5yLGSvsNru6

mamaperreca

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ok. Trying again. :) Our first mama goat. She is a mini Saanen. We get about 1/2 to 3/4 quart a day. Only milking once a day. This is her baby. Cappucino is his name. He is 3/4 NIgerian, 1/4 Saanen.

upload_2016-7-12_9-49-52.jpeg

Here is the chicken hotel. It made us curse and sweat. But it is done and pretty awesome. Coop in the back with clear panels on one side for more light. Cattle panels, wood frame and chicken wire in the front.
upload_2016-7-12_9-51-48.jpeg

Chickens and ducks.
upload_2016-7-12_9-53-3.jpeg

Turkeys. For meat. they are currently about 3 months old. We will butcher this fall.
upload_2016-7-12_9-54-23.jpeg

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Greetings from Colorado. We have a lot of other homeschoolers here.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Nice job there! Thanks for sharing the pics! Yummmmmm turkeyyyyyy.... :drool and deeerrrrrrr :drool