Hi!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If any part of the line will be buried run it inside a little bigger pipe. Then if it needs replacing you only need to access the ends and the rest will slide out.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I talked to Hubby about the water line, neither one of us could remember if we took that one out! If the fawcett I never use, works, there is a water line there! If it don't work, I can fill in a big mud hole and bury it!!
He said he would bring home a machine to do the digging, but like I said he works long hours off farm, so that may not happen for months! I do need him to bring one home to dig out some more fill, so I might try pushing that issue!
He works for a company that has giant land tearing up machines!(cool toys)

It may not be wise to ask me for pictures, I have a slight obsession with my camera! I will try to get some pictures of the barn and pens. Lighting in the barn is real bad(another project), I will see what I can to!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
we love see pics.so go hogg wild with the cam.i dont ever take meny pics.im lucky if i take pics of the reg weaned calves.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We rarely see pics from Wynedot55-hint, hint-but, I have the camera but too! Camera goes with me.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
your right i rarely get around to taking an downloading any pics.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
The fawcett works, that means I have the gutter drain and a water line to deal with. It also means I need to build something around the fawcett before I can fill in dads mud hole! His idea of rain water managment, was to dig deeper holes? It always bothered me to see the cows drink that stuff.

This is my barn...
thebarn.jpg

I took some out of this pen, you can't tell how uneven it really is by the picture. In front of the feeder, it's about 8 inches to high. Where you can see light under the back wall, it's about 12 inches too deep! On the other side of that wall, is where I really need to add some fill(after I fix the gutter drain and figure out the water line!) A water line runs along the wall the trough is on!
ickypen.jpg

This is one of the pens I am woking on. I should have taken a before picture!
flatpen.jpg

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Those are some nice sized pens! You have quite the job ahead of you to get them cleaned out.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i love your nice big barn.an i love your big roomy pens.an as said its going to take time to get them cleaned out.an fixed like you want them.just take your time working.as for the facuit id try to protect it from the cows.an fix it so they cant turn it on.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I think I hit ground today, in one of the pens! Now I at least have clue as to how deep I need to go!
I had to quit for the day though, one of my sweet dogs brought me a skunk last night! Between the smell of the pen, the diesel and my stinky dog, my head is about to explode!
I think I'll go work on the driveway(another project) and try getting some oxygen for awhile!

Latest posts