Holiday Recipes

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yummie Yammies
Directions
  1. Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  3. Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
  4. Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
  5. Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
  6. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
@lalabugs Another good way to eat cranberry sauce is to mix homemade cranberry sauce with chunky homemade apple sauce. But I would leave out the spices, just cranberries and sugar. And after the holidays it is really good on Cottage Cheese.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
@babsbag and @lalabugs - both of those recipes look like they could be IT...THANKS! I had forgotten about the marshmallows - but it's kind of coming back to me now. Wish I had paid more attention all those times she made it. I'll get her in the kitchen when I work on it and see if any of it triggers her memory. :fl

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@babsbag I love yams! Your recipe sounds amazing. :drool I actually have both spiced and regular cranberry sauce in my fridge right now. My youngest daughter prefers the non spiced one. I've been making a lot of cranberry sauce. Had to go buy more cranberries to make more to send to friends & family. A couple of my husbands coworkers asked to buy some. Once it's made my kids LOVE using it on toast. I have not made home made apple sauce yet. Only apple butter.

@frustratedearthmother Hopefully one of the recipes is what you're looking for. I completely understand losing recipes. My grandmother passed away in 09. I have one of her recipes. Her chocolate sheet cake. :drool My grandfather got Alzheimers. He moved a lot of things around. Then forgot what he did with them. Including my grandmothers recipe books. Her gumbo recipe is gone. I have scoured the internet trying to find something like it. Can not find anything like it. I wish I was in the kitchen more with her.

Latest posts