I am looking for 2 mini donkeys or regular small donkeys.

tuffy407

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I live in Wyoming and have 105 acres of which some is fenced in. I have just got there building done to keep them out of the weather. We are a retired couple who have chickens and 3 german shepherds.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to :welcome. Check the heading "forums" and there is a section for horses and mules and a section for Misc that has a buy and section... Unfortunately I do not know anyone in Wyoming... but perhaps you can check Craigslist in your area, also check any sale barns or auctions... sometimes when people are getting out that is the only place they go.... also check with any feed stores, most around here have bulletin boards... ask the owners if you can post a wanted card. I don't know of any other places to look... oh, our radio station has a weekly buy/sell/trade hour once a week... they have all sorts of things on it...
We are looking for a couple of large mules since we are having coyote packs that have cornered/attacked and killed 2 calves just recently. We run jenny's with the sheep due to the coyote pressure. We have also used llama's but they need shearing and we have hair sheep so don't do shearing anymore.

Tell us a little about your situation... Do you grow a garden? Obviously you get eggs, do you raise chickens to eat also? Do you want to be more self sufficient?
By the way, I love German Shepherds...

My son and I have a bigger operation than most on this forum, but I am a "homesteader" at heart. If you read any of the "journal's" you will find most of us are in our "Prime", as @Ridgetop so aptly put it... but we have members of all age groups and all types of places from beginners to more "experienced"...

If you like us, start a journal and tell us about your day to day operation.

Last edited:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the group. @farmerjan had a great suggestion to check feed stores. Check the bulletin board, there may also be free “horse trader “ magazines/newspapers there. Word of mouth goes a long way so chat with the folks at the feed stores.