I am New and I need a Dexter

antiquebuff

Just born
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to this site, came over from BYC site. I have lot of chickens and 4 miniature donkeys and now I am looking for a Dexter cow. I live in Franklin NC.
I would appreciate any help in finding one.
Thanks and I love your site!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:welcome

Sorry, I can't help you find a Dexter but, good luck with your quest for one! :)

Pure Country

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My daughter was in Franklin,NC from Aug. to Nov. going to school in Sylva.

If you are close to the Georgia state line, this might help. It's the Market Bulletin for Ga. Sometimes there are Dexters in there.

http://www.agr.state.ga.us/mbads/

pokacow

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
There are many breeders around, maybe some close to you. Google American Dexter Cattle Association & Purebred Dexter Cattle Association. There are farms listed & links to other cattle sales pages. Many of the larger ones will have access to shipping info. Good Luck! J

Little Cow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Freedom Farms is in North Carolina. They have some nice animals. I used their bull, Aidan, a few years ago. Nice calves. I'd love to help you but our calves aren't due until late fall. We won't be weaning until after fair, so that would be more than a year from now.

mothertogrand

Just born
Reaction score
Hello,

my name is Denese I live in south Ga. i am looking for a jersey cow to have to milk. or calf to raise to milk. thanks