I am on the reservation list, whoo hoo.

jlbpooh

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My husband has been kind of hinting around to get another goat baby. The same man who had been trying to prevent the idea of getting any to begin with, ha. I knew that the farm that I got one of my babies from is taking reservations for more kids to be born in Feb/March. He said to go ahead and put our name down for 2 more. It was kind of funny. I asked hubby how many to have her put us down for, and he asked how many I wanted. Is that not a loaded question or what? LOL! I asked her to put us down for 2 more, that will double the size of our little herd. I am so excited! Now if I could just convince hubby to help take care of our little farm. The only animals he helped with were the 4 pigs that we had raised. Well, I guess he does "help" with the goats, he goes and visits them and spoils them with back and ear scratches, lol. He also keeps them occupied with the same back/ear scratches while I am cleaning out their barn. He does "help" with the chickens, guineas, ducks, and geese too -- he eats the eggs. What a guy!

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
Woo hoo! :thumbsup

And I know what you mean about hubby helping, mine doesn't really. But it's ok, the animals are my thing and I don't mind taking care of them. ;)

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Goat addiction running rampant! :D My hubby feeds the bucks and helps with the watering of the does. Other than that, they are my charges.

jlbpooh

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
He really is good about loving on the animals though. He is the first one to cuddle with them, so I can't complain. He is a big softie as much as he doesn't want to admit it. You should have seen him when one of our chicks hatched in the incubator and didn't absorb the yolk. He even called the vet to find out what to do and they said to let it die. We took some thread and "tied and cut the cord". That little guy (we named him Pee Wee) was the size of a water bottle cap. He will now be 2 in May. He is healthy and keeps right up with his brother that hatched normally.