I bought my goat a ball :)

ChksontheRun

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Not sure what a jolly ball is but I have a big orange ball for my dogs that is totally indistructable. The dogs have stopped playing with it. Maybe I will put it in with the goats. It is made of hard plastic. It is called a Hueter Toledo - Indestructible Dog Ball, my boxers loved the 10 Inch one the best and pushed around forever before they lost interest. I bet you could even train a goat to balance or walk on a ball like this as you can put sand inside to make it more stabile.

Calliopia

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
One of our dogs let their ball roll into the goat pen for about the 4th time yesterday and our buck finally decided that this needed seeing after.

It was quite amusing watching him try to figure out how to butt something that rolls. Since it wasn't agreeing to being butted he decided that maybe it needed sexing so he started making googly eyes at it and flapping his tongue.

Eventually he just stood there yelling at me to come make it go away since it was OBVIOUSLY not listening to him.

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is great! I think I'll get my goats a ball. My mini horse has a ball and he loves it.

I've never tried "challenging" any of my young wethers, they are so sweet and tame and only want their heads rubbed. I have an older wether, several years old and he loves to rub his head on things. I've tried to get him to "play" challenging him a bit and he doesn't really react to me at all. He might lower his head, but has never tried to head-butt me or get aggressive. He's super friendly and tame too and he's fully mature. He loves to push on things, so perhaps he'd like a ball!

I can't wait to try it!

peachick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
has anyone had any success with the ball??
I have not tried the ball with my new silky goats... they are much more wild in temperament still.... I can pet them IF I have food for them, but touching their heads is not really possible....

My older goat has gotten so strong I cant hardly hold the ball anymore, so we dont really play with it. Instead he has a large fire wood log that he pushes around their yard.

tabetha

Just born
Reaction score
I have to say, I loved reading this thread.... and I thought the part about stomping at him and him fainting was HIlarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!