I Hate Green Briars!

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @Baymule,

If there is any way you and your DH can afford to do so, you should consider getting a grapple for Marigold. Once you see just how useful it is you will wonder how you did without it. It will flat save your back. I love my grapple. It makes easy work of picking up brush, limbs, small trees, and even big trees (if you cut them to reasonable length).

Senile Texas Aggie

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't know why - but seems like seeds sprout better with rain water than hose water.. :hu..and we have a well so it's not like our water is treated with anything.
Because rain brings down the nitrogen that is in the atmosphere. After the grass is up a few inches, I'll fertilize it, but right now, this rain-nitrogen boost is VERY much appreciated.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi, Miss @Wyndsong!

This thread is definitely worth reading for the humor Miss @Baymule has spread throughout! :) There are some others on here that have a great sense of humor, such as Mr. @Bruce. The sense of humor I share is more of The Three Stooges type:
1623174941888.png

Wyndsong

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hi, Miss @Wyndsong!

This thread is definitely worth reading for the humor Miss @Baymule has spread throughout! :) There are some others on here that have a great sense of humor, such as Mr. @Bruce. The sense of humor I share is more of The Three Stooges type: View attachment 85781
Classic humor! Loved them as a kid and the keystone cops. No that doesn't really age me, I was watching them on reruns. LOL

Wyndsong

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I've learned so much reading through this thread! AND found some others to stalk! LOL I've got a lot to learn living in the city my whole life and now I'm on 6.5 acres. We don't have briars, that I know of, but we do have virginia creepers. They are all over our property. We also have wild black berries and some American Beauty berries too. There's a small family of deer that live on or near our property that we see regularly that love to eat them.

We have to fix our permimeter fencing before we get any sheep. As well as get some out buildings and figure out how to split up our acreage for the sheep and our veggie garden we want to grow. Plus we have to fix the dam for our pond.. which is currently mostly a mud swamp overgrown by everything.

Thanks for tagging me @Finnie !!