I'm still a stranger ((ask for knowledge))

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I realize that the traditional vegetable gardens we have here in USA are not possible is most places there but, what and how does your area get other vegetables? Do they import, use hydroponics, etc.? Of course you may not use the same types that we often grow and I'm interested in what is used, eaten, and so on. Thanks. Love learning from personal input.

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sago and Queen (Majesty) are pretty popular here and will grow good in well drained soil. About 60 -90 days after hurricane Ike, there were little palm tree sprouting up all over Bolivar peninsula and I dug up 4 and brought back to my place. Planted one in the yard and 3 down on a peninsula on my pond but the beaver kept the ones at the pond eat down to the ground. The one in the yard is hanging on but the Sept flood was hard on it. They are slow growers and don't need as much water as you might think. Might not survive the winter cold in your latitude tho. They need full sun too.
Keeping the dead fronds trimmed off is an arduous task and somewhat dangerous. They have sawtooth stems on each frond and as they fall, are pretty heavy.
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/KFXDXA/tri...t-topsail-hill-preserve-santa-rosa-KFXDXA.jpg

Avoid saw palmetto..you'll never get rid of them.

Hello..

Usually the palm tree is fully exposed, the palm tree has the ability to withstand the harsh weather, but the time of transportation is in certain months of the year and do not transfer at any time, you need to farms expert during transport.
And also keep well during transport and cultivation and cover the heart of the green palm of the cold until it begins to roll.

It has annual maintenance and special pesticides in order to preserve it from licorice and some insects.
We have the Arabian Gulf palm tree has material support by the Agriculture and Animal Wealth and have a very large population.

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I realize that the traditional vegetable gardens we have here in USA are not possible is most places there but, what and how does your area get other vegetables? Do they import, use hydroponics, etc.? Of course you may not use the same types that we often grow and I'm interested in what is used, eaten, and so on. Thanks. Love learning from personal input.

welcome ..

Most of the plantations we have in Kuwait and the Arabian Gulf of all kinds of vegetables and seasonal fruits.
There are water plants and rose plants.
We also import fruits from all over the world. Vegetables are local and national produce.
And most of the vegetables that you have are also available here. Now trade exchange has become easy for everyone in terms of export and import.
And the things and methods of agriculture very much in Kuwait of all kinds ..

Welcome and I am present to answer any question you have

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What type of house do you live in and would you post pictures of it?

We used to live in Livingston, Texas (75 miles north of Houston, Texas and 125 miles from the Gulf of Mexico) we lived in a 2500 square foot brick home with a 2 car garage. We were on a small lot in the middle of that small town.

January, 2014 I had a garden between the sidewalk and driveway, and a chicken coop in the back yard. LOL The plastic wrapped contraption was my make shift greenhouse.

IMG1446.jpg

Vegetables from that garden.

IMG1500.jpg

June 2013. I loved that crepe myrtle tree in the front yard!

IMG1177.jpg

I had that house 30 years.

In September 2014 we bought a doublewide mobile home on 8 acres to be close to my daughter, her husband and our (then) 7 year old grand daughter. We now live near to Tyler, Texas-170 miles north of where we used to live. We bought it sight unseen. It was a repossession and it went up for bid. We were the highest bidder. It had been empty 2 years.

This is the day we closed on it, signed all the papers and it was ours.

IMG1869.jpg

It is 1500 square feet, 1,000 square feet smaller than our old house. We had to get rid of almost all our furniture, most of it was big and would not fit in our new house. Neither of us have ever lived in a mobile home, but we are both very happy here. Since we moved, our daughter had two more daughters, so now we have 3 grand daughters, age 10 years, 3 years and 1 1/2 years old.

My husband bought me a tractor!

IMG2625.jpg

We had a screened porch built onto the front of the house. It is 12 feet wide and 54 feet long, the length of the house.

IMG_0034.JPG