Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My great aunt had this cookbook, a collection of recipes from the society ladies of Charlotte, North Carolina. Published in 1971.

IMG_5970.jpeg

BEST lemon pie ever!

IMG_5969.jpeg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
My great aunt had this cookbook, a collection of recipes from the society ladies of Charlotte, North Carolina. Published in 1971.

View attachment 104882

BEST lemon pie ever!

View attachment 104883
I resorted to lemon curd and crushed ginger snaps- didn’t see this until afterwards.
That’s damn close to the recipe I do!! ❤️
LOL and I’ve even got that pie crust in the freezer. Next time for sure!!👍🏼

Tiny Tails Rabbitry

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I saw a new post and thought, LAMBS!

What a disappointment. Sorry @SageHill
Back to lamb TV with no TV…… pictures will have to do!

Ewenique had no babies today.

So we wait on Rose…..
I am so perplexed. Idk what is happening, but I think she pushed early this morning (around 4am). Anyways, there is absolutely no discharge but she is still acting like she is in labor.

I hope Ewenique has her babies soon!

Tiny Tails Rabbitry

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I also want to add that my other ewe (Rose’s baby) has an udder filling up and is due anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 month.
Well as it turns out… she must have gotten bred earlier than that… like 2 days after Rose. I marked the wrong day! I remember now that I had realized it and was going to change it, but got busy and forgot! 🤦🏼‍♀️ She is a first time mom and her udder is filling Really really fast. It was practically empty 2 days ago and now it is almost as big as her mamas.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so perplexed. Idk what is happening, but I think she pushed early this morning (around 4am). Anyways, there is absolutely no discharge but she is still acting like she is in labor.

I hope Ewenique has her babies soon!
This is a classic case of “a watched pot never boils”. Ewes stretch and fart and act strangely all the time. After 20+ years with sheep, I can usually look at someone in my flock and tell that they are going to lamb within the next 24hrs. I can’t do it as well on my sister’s flock next door.

The contractions were probably the rumen moving around. “Lunch on the left, rugrats on the right”.

Look out for pawing before laying down. Not just a little floofing, but like she’s trying to dig to China. Laying down and immediately getting back up. When she goes to push, she will kick both back legs out to the side.

Ultimately, ewes are liars and I never truly believe someone is in labor until I see a water bag or 2 toes and a nose.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those are members of a little known, exclusive cult of ewes known to Jamaica Sheep. Very few humans ever realize they are, in fact, harboring, aiding and abetting this cult, which flourishes right under their very noses.

Yes. Yes. Jamaica Sheep!

As in, Ja’make-uh me CRAZY!