In Memory of Trip

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks y’all. Trip left a hole in my heart. Big, sweet, goofy dog that would not only pee on the tires of any new vehicle, he pooped by the drivers door. This let visitors know that Trip was guarding their car or truck against predators. No coyote, raccoon, possum or bobcat was coming near their vehicle!

He did it to ours too.

It is looking like we may actually close on the new farm tomorrow or Friday. The title work is being typed in at the title company in Trinity county, and will be sent to the Lufkin title company. So says the realtor. So close, so close to Trip going to his new home. It wouldn’t have kept him from getting cancer, nor would it have cured him, but he would have been home. Missed it by days. It makes me angry. It makes my grieve because Trip didn’t get to go to his new home. Closing dragged on for 4 months. Cash deal, in out, done. Or it should have been, but everything that could go wrong, did. I should be happy and excited but at this point, I’m just really pissed off and disgusted.

The Kawasaki mule has been down, blowing white smoke like a mosquito fogging machine. 3 tires were flat, I ran extension cords out to where it was parked and lugged my air compressor over to it. I aired up the tires, got stung by a red wasp, I declared war on the nest and doused them with wasp spray. Stomp. Stomp. Stomp.

I haven’t been able to find anyone around here that would work on it, it’s a diesel. I’ll need it to get around my new farm, after knee replacement surgery, so I called our mechanic shop in Lindale. Yes he would take it, so I loaded it on the flatbed trailer. I never did that before, BJ always did the “manly” trailer stuff. I drove the mule up on the trailer, strapped it down and took it to Lindale.

I met our old neighbors and dear friends, Robert and Sharon at the Chinese buffet that is their favorite place. We ate, visited and had a good time.

I got back an hour ago, let Sentry, Sheba and the young ewes out on pasture. I’ll let it cool off a little before I go feed.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
The Kawasaki mule has been down, blowing white smoke like a mosquito fogging machine
Oh, like you need another big problem! I was going to say white smoke is usually gas and a bad head gasket (if you are lucky). From what I find with Google white smoke from a diesel suggests injectors. That is better than a blown head gasket or worse, a cracked block, in a gas engine.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s what Danny said, injectors. He was worried about the cost of repairs for me, but I told him it’s still cheaper than buying a new one, especially diesel. Heck, you can’t even find a new one! I’m gonna need it. When BJ had knee replacement, it stayed parked at the door.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah those UV things are EXPENSIVE!!! I saw some at the Kubota dealer, almost fell over at the price. Good thing I wasn't wanting one! I suspect they are more "capable" than most people need for hauling stuff around the homestead.

BaBaaHMonica

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Sorry for your heartbreaking loss. You must have pure power running through you to keep your spirits up. Just reading 2 posts and I was already teared up.