Introduction

Yakudima

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello everyone am Ismail from Nigeria I am New to the group.
Am a goat farmer, Breeding and production of local and exotic breed like Boer and Savanah goats, our target is Meat production, I hope to learn more from you and I will contribute my experience any time.

wild stallion

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello! Welcome! Can't wait to hear about you and your goats!!
I don't have goats, but have Katahdin sheep (who always seem like goats in disguise ;)), we breed them for meat as well...
Had some cousins with Oberhaslies, though (SUPER CUTE by the way).
Anyway.......
WELCOME!!!!

Billy Boil

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hello everyone am Ismail from Nigeria I am New to the group.
Am a goat farmer, Breeding and production of local and exotic breed like Boer and Savanah goats, our target is Meat production, I hope to learn more from you and I will contribute my experience any time.
Hi Ismail, nice to meecha!

Attachments

• IMG_20230801_122110386.jpg
    IMG_20230801_122110386.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 60

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome -- from Virginia, USA. I have goats...dairy & meat. Boer & Savannah are found in my area, easily.

Do you fence or open graze there? Your situation is probably far different than ours with farm land, graze & browse available -- also predators. Tell us how you operate. How many head do you run?

Yakudima

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I practice open grazing and we are free from predators, before going out to graze I use to dilute maize opal to make them breakfast and I have 63 include the local and exotic breed.
Goats milk is not popular in Nigeria, Nigerian prefer cow milk, only three in hundred can accept goat milk but in time they will consider it.