Is it sand colic?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
he was foaming green saliva, and he has diarrhea. BAD. He also is dehydrated and won't drink much

Is it coming from mouth or nose?

If nose, could be choke -- something stuck in throat, he's not drinking -- maybe can't.

Sand colic CAN cause diarrhea -- don't know where you live but if fed from ground, OR pastures very short, dirt/sand can build up in gut. BAD but can be taken care of with Sand Clear -- available TSC or most feed stores. Beet pulp fed fairly regularly can also prevent more of these issues. It helps attach to & remove much sand.

EITHER choke &/or colic is life threatening. You need a vet. :hugs

MiniGoatsRule

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have called a vet and am waiting for them to call me back... I will meet them at my barn today. Do any of you know Dr. John Smart?

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
What state do you live in ? If you put it in your avatar it will help us in identifying your climate and aide in giving you help with your questions :)

MiniGoatsRule

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks for the help and support, I owe you guys! Casper got into some weeds yesterday on the trail ride, we need to keep an eye out for signs of colic. If I can help you guys with advice in a thread, give me the link, or anything else I can do...

Attachments

• KIMG0207.JPG
    KIMG0207.JPG
    290.6 KB · Views: 116

Latest posts