Is my goat pregnant

danielle

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi I have a 10 month old boer in pygmy cross female I bought in the 5 months I had her she has really gotten big she in my 2 other does have a big pasture in have some woods so they have alot to eat in I feed them pasture hay in I dewormed in had them vaccinated her vagina is puffy in I tried to look for her ligaments in they r
gone

danielle

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Well when I bought her in took her home the last owner called in said that she let her bucks run with there mom's after they were weaned so after the 3 month of having her she got a belly in Lil udder in then this month she is huge my friend suggest I checked her ligaments in they were gone in both her sides
R sunken in I cant feel babies but she don'te udder in her vagina is pink in swollen I'm just worried cause she is so young

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Confused a bit by what you wrote. Maybe I read that wrong but it sounds like she is five month old Pygmy and was possibly bred by a Boer buck. If that is the case, you should get a vet ready. But that can't be right---because Southern is saying she would be due now. What a sec...

danielle

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Oka I got her when she was just weaned so she was 5 now she is 9 months old

danielle

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm not for sure they had pygmy in boer together so they said she could b a mix i had her for 5 months now so if she is pregnant then she should have the babies by now right?

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
She would be due now. How big is she? Do you have a photo?

She is young and a female Pygmy bred to a male Boer is dangerous. If that is a possibility, I urge you to call a vet TODAY for an ultrasound and if she is pregnant and due to kid, you will need to talk options with the vet.

danielle

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
She weighs 35 pounds she is a mix between a boer in a pygmy goat I'll have to wait in call our vet they ain't open on weekends

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
At 35 pounds, there is definite cause for concern. That is small for even a full-blooded pygmy at ten months and makes me fairly sure that she is not a Boer cross. If she is not pregnant, I would suspect parasites and order a fecal test, and analyze her diet. If she is pregnant, sorry if this sounds harsh, but she is probably going to need a C-section to make it through the birth.