Is she pregnant or just fat?

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Here are pictures of the pygmy goat that I just got and she's supposed to be pregnant and due the end of January. What do you guys think? Sorry, really couldn't get a good picture from her backside. Maybe you can tell enough from these. If not I'll try again so you can. Hope I do this picture thing right.....
8037_ginger_dec_21_002.jpg

8037_ginger_dec_21_003.jpg

8037_ginger_dec_21_008.jpg

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh, forgot, she has kidded once, last January, and had 2 kids, if you needed to know that bit of information. She's 3 years old. Had a hard time keeping her daughter (Trixie) out of the pictures. What a ham!:weee

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I guess since I'm goin to be a grandgoat, I better get to making baby goat quilts for the little darlin's! As a quilter I believe every baby should have a quilt! I guess I need to expand that to babies and baby goats! LOL!

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes, she for sure looks to be at least 4 months pregnant. Did they have a pretty positive idea on a breeding date/kidding date, because although she could have a month to go, she looks to me to be due sooner than that.
Not sure what your weather is by you, but I would keep an eye on her if you are colder like we are.

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
20kidsonhill said:
Yes, she for sure looks to be at least 4 months pregnant. Did they have a pretty positive idea on a breeding date/kidding date, because although she could have a month to go, she looks to me to be due sooner than that.
Not sure what your weather is by you, but I would keep an eye on her if you are colder like we are.
:thumbsup

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh wow, sooner, yaaaah! They really didn't have a very firm date on her as to when she was due. They said it could be anywhere from mid January to late January. So I guess I had better get all my preparations together pretty soon here in order to be ready for her. One of the things, in addition to the list of kidding prep items from this site (which is wonderful by the way), I am going to get a baby monitor or I won't sleep for weeks waiting for the event, and I think I had better go ahead and get that. I'm really excited about this first kidding with Ginger. This is kind of a dream come true for me since I was a little girl. We live in Texas and when I was a little girl (50 years ago! Yikes!) my grandparents used to take us to their deer lease every year and one year while we were there with them I found an orphaned angora kid and of course, with kids being the cutest baby animals, I wanted to bring it home with me. Of course they wouldn't allow that, but I've been smitten with goats ever since! I was nicknamed "goat girl." Now I guess I'm a NaNa Goat! LOL! My husband remarked yesterday how happy I seem these days and the goats have something to do with that. Happy, happy, happy! Thanks for the input! I will be coming to you guys often for advice because you know your stuff!