Is this a mucus plug?

CB901

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
She isn’t going to have a baby until November. Just her way of getting ready I guess. Sorry I didn’t update sooner.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I can honestly say I have never seen that kind of discharge, several times, from one that is still several months off. So are they both due late this fall???? Well, the good thing at least you know for sure....

CB901

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
She has about 10 weeks to go, so I guess it’s not too far away. They are due around the 5th to Thanksgiving. I will update photos when they come, I appreciate all of the advice and time given to help.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cooler weather is easier on them to calve.... they will clean afterbirth better in cooler weather. See the most retained placenta's in hot summer weather both on the dairy and in our beef cattle... and we don't have many. Plus she will not feel so miserable and be more inclined to want the calf... seems like the heat affects them like us and they just have less "umph"....
Practice run.......:lol::gig:plbb You will be all ready by November.....

CB901

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Cooler weather is easier on them to calve.... they will clean afterbirth better in cooler weather. See the most retained placenta's in hot summer weather both on the dairy and in our beef cattle... and we don't have many. Plus she will not feel so miserable and be more inclined to want the calf... seems like the heat affects them like us and they just have less "umph"....
Practice run.......:lol::gig:plbb You will be all ready by November.....
That’s understandable I already feel bad for them, can’t imagine that belly being any bigger lol. Yes I can sleep now! Yay, thank you again for all of your time. I will check back in when the time comes.

CB901

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thank you, she has less than 5 weeks before we hit the 38 week mark. Crossing our fingers here too! Maybe they will both calve before Thanksgiving. I will share photos, I have seen and felt both with little kicks, so exciting

CB901

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Here’s a photo update, she is beginning to really swell. 4 weeks to go for the 38 mark. I know she can and might drive me crazy and hold that baby longer, but I will start really watching her a bit before week 38. She has dips in her sides, no milk yet but today the swelling is much more noticeable from all angles. I will share photos when things look different.

Attachments

• 96F069AE-DF57-4D55-9D0A-7F56BE852B34.jpeg
    96F069AE-DF57-4D55-9D0A-7F56BE852B34.jpeg
    424.7 KB · Views: 134

Latest posts