It was an "I quit" day.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I see Prince is a great hand at Ladder Holding.
Does he also sub out as a Saw Horse?

laughing mule.jpg

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
But look at all the stories you will have to tell! And anyway, what else would you be doing? Sitting on a couch somewhere watching reruns?
Well, no re-runs cause no tv. And I HOPE its not from falling off the ladder @Baymule If that happens, I suppose I'll just sit (or lie) around reading all the stuff here on BYH that I'm never going to catch up on otherwise.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I see Prince is a great hand at Ladder Holding.
Does he also sub out as a Saw Horse?

View attachment 67826

As a matter of fact, yes he does. Prince is quite the helper around here. Our son wouldn’t have been able to tighten the chain on the chainsaw if Prince hadn’t felt sorry for him and offered his advice and helping hooves.

1A9542A6-A456-47D9-999B-83AAB4E16D94.jpeg

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, yes he does. Prince is quite the helper around here. Our son wouldn’t have been able to tighten the chain on the chainsaw if Prince hadn’t felt sorry for him and offered his advice and helping hooves.
Can Prince come out and play? I wish he would come visit with me for about a week. We could have a wonderful playdate. P.s. Does he do electrical wiring?:lol::highfive:

WyoLiving

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Last weekend, my husband was on top of the ladder nailing on the house-wrap at the peak of our machine shed. One of the 8-month old kittens, Jax, decided it was tired of being ignored so it climbed up the ladder to hubby's boot. Then using the top of the boot as a step, Jax went on up the back of his pants, onto the back of his carhart jacket. At that point, hubby reached around and grabbed the cat and stuffed it into his coat so it wouldn't fall off. Kitten wanted to go on his shoulder and watch him work. I guess he has spoiled that kitten most of the summer, letting it sit on his shoulder quite alot while working around the place.

meanwhile, I was standing on the ground at the end of the shed trying to hold the house-wrap tight so he could nail it and also so it wouldn't flap around in the wind and knock hubby off the ladder. I just stood there laughing at Jax the whole time.

So sometimes, even with a helping hand jobs can take an unusual turn of events.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Prince is always helpful and was snooping in everything when we had the barn wired. Doesn’t “I saw it done once” qualify Prince as a bobafide tradesman/horse? He loves to play and goes to visit our neighbor Robert. We have a 12’ gate in the fence between us for convenience and Prince thinks it’s for him.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
But look at all the stories you will have to tell! And anyway, what else would you be doing? Sitting on a couch somewhere watching reruns?

I agree with this. My kids often make comments to the effect that I'm "creating my own work" out here and I have to reply, "What should I be doing with my time....exactly...if I'm not doing THIS out here? Sitting around, watching my skin wrinkle?"

Keeps me moving, it's good stewardship of the land and makes use of my body and mind.

I feel you on doing construction alone....it's often frustrating and more time consuming than a build should take. BUT...you did it alone and that holds a richness that having help doesn't hold. I can look at that~mistakes and all~and be a titch proud of having done it by myself.

Of course, we would LOVE to have more pics to this story.....they are worth a thousand, they say. :D =D

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
IMy kids often make comments to the effect that I'm "creating my own work" out here

Of course, we would LOVE to have more pics to this story.....they are worth a thousand, they say. :D =D
Hey, if I had kids who cared enough to complain, I'd have their butts out here helping, especially with the dangerous or really heavy stuff. After all, Christmas is coming and ALL kids wanna be on Santa's "good side". :D =D
As for pictures. Here's the one of me nearly falling off the ladder. And the one of me lifting the 10 foot cedar post. Wait, wait....you didn't get those? Oh yeah. Nobody to take them. I WILL post some pics of the finished rabbitry. I am still on track for my mid-December target date.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now, if you read all this, thank you. Response is not necessary. I just needed to say it to someone. Get it off my chest. And I am beginning to think of many of you as family now. Tomorrow comes, new problems to face and overcome, and life goes on. We win.

:lol: Of course we read it, Grasshopper! (watch those reruns!) We have all been there in one form or another and as we wipe the tears while reading and laughing our butts off, we think of our own escapades...and offer assistance. Alleve is a wonderful product!! Always available here. Hope you take/took one before bed, so you can get out of bed in the morning. LOL

Oh, yeah. Bungies are great for holding help.

QUIT ????? Hellllo no!