Ivermectin injectable

Georgia Girl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
the one I went to was by Alabama A and M and Auburn who does a lot of research work, it was conducted by a vet who owns her on herd of goats and does alot of research on goats and sheep. She told us that under-dosing causes resistance and for our area says that safe guard and valbazen has not been effective for a long time. The valbazen is still effective for lung worms and liver flukesbut should not be used on pregnant does as it can cause abortion. She also told us that the most effective wormer for our area is cydectin . Another interesting thing she said was that never switch from one wormer to another as there are only 3 classes of wormers and that you will get reistance with all classes and no longer have anything to use. She said use the same worming class until it is no longer effective.
Auburn is also doing research on using lespedeza pellets and plants as an effective wormer for goats. i have heard that Australia has a vaccine for barber pole worms that is not available in the US. I live in Ga. and I have been using injectable invermectin 1% by mouth at 1ml per 25 lbs for about 2 years and it has worked for my goats so far according to my McMaster fecals. Please share your EPG and your protocol for EPG. This is just such a great forum for sharing and learning, I read all the new posts in hopes of learning.

Last edited: