J and M Sheep Lambing Thread, THE STORM HAS BEGUN

marlowmanor

Reaction score

Shelly May

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
As most of you know goodolboy and flockincrazy are the same person, day time and night time computers being used, Shelly May is his wife, now I hope you are all straight on that, Well someone complained about the name flockincrazy, and that person knows who they are, and on Saturday night the MODS sent him a PM saying that the name offended someone and he needed to change it.

FockinCrazy, Means FLOCK a group of sheep, we have 250 adults, Crazy because people think thats crazy to have so many, (in a fun way). It took him two days to come up with that name, FlockinCrazy, It had nothing to do with anything vulgar, but someone complained, I believe it was mentioned that kids will see it and think vulgar thoughts.....

Well they allow (MODS).... they allow people to put up pictures of their animals female private parts on here (Vigi--a) all the time, and kids are seeing pictures of nothing but vigin---s and I have always wondered how these parents are explaining that to their kids, but not explaining FlockinCrazy name meaning?.......Female private parts are worse than the user name....IMO

So he has decided to leave and not complain about things, I for one will miss his humor, and his site, keeping people up with the numbers of lambs being born........also his education on raising a big flock of sheep and how things are done when you have this many, any where from health to rearing of lambs and everything in between, keeping records, deciding who makes the top 10% ram lambs all the way to tax time... He has alot of info that wasn't shared yet as he was fairly new to site and lambing is just now accuring.

I (shelly may) feel we have started something here and need to finish (this lamb thread) and how bigger farms do it, to show people it can be done and how... but I can't do it without his help, as I am with the new lambs so much as many are still being born, and have my hands full. I will update and post pictures of things that might be benifical to sheep farmers as they come up.. I have heard comments on the colors of Katahdins and people didn't know that they come in so many colors, I have posted pictures of the self feeding buckets, and have had comments on that, I have had comments on the weighing scale used to weigh lambs in the field, I have had comments on the size of the Katahdins on are farm... Seems to me that we are giving good or important info people just weren't aware of......

I have made many friends on here and will continue to comment on their sites and finish what I have started but my DH will be missed by me most of all !!!! (over something like a user name) that someone didn't understand...I will sign out now as I have tears rolling down my face.... THANKS MODS...

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that goodolboy. I know I sure enjoyed you on here and I know others did too.

Thanks for the heads up and I will be keeping in touch. Have a great day! (and healthy lambs)

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Well they allow (MODS).... they allow people to put up pictures of their animals female private parts on here (Vigi--a) all the time, and kids are seeing pictures of nothing but vigin---s and I have always wondered how these parents are explaining that to their kids, but not explaining FlockinCrazy name meaning?.......Female private parts are worse than the user name....IMO
I agree with you.

So sorry it came to this because someone has to be a total jerk. FlockenCrazy? Really ppl? Come on.

Shelly May, PM being sent.

EllieMay

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
4005_ruin_good_thing.jpg

Shelly May said:
. . . someone complained about the name flockincrazy, and that person knows who they are, and on Saturday night the MODS sent a PM saying that the name offended someone and he needed to change it.
.... THANKS MODS...

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
huh...and here I was the one that thought that name was perfect for your many sheep lambing all at the same time :hu

Will miss him and his experience and sense of humour :hugs

I have learned much from you both...love your sheep and lambies and thank you to both of you for sharing this with us :hugs

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
bonbean01 said:
huh...and here I was the one that thought that name was perfect for your many sheep lambing all at the same time :hu

Will miss him and his experience and sense of humour :hugs

I have learned much from you both...love your sheep and lambies and thank you to both of you for sharing this with us :hugs
bon- I think we will be seeing them somewhere else ;)

Shelly May

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Marlowmanor, Sorry missed your question the other day on the weighing scale info, the sling that holds the lambs up was ordered from Premier 1, and they do have a manual weighing scale and a digital weighing scale, When I went to order the digital scale from them they were on backorder and I didn't want to wait as I was lambing now, so I ordered it from a company called McMaster-Carr, you can log on their site and research it. Part # 3952T52, as I said Premier 1 does have them but I needed it asap. Your shipping will be cheaper if you get both items from Premier, but I am not sure if you can wait??

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sure makes me wonder if the complaint was a intended to get you to leave, however I choose to give the benefit of the doubt and not assign ill motives and chalk it up to pettiness.

I certainly can understand the ridiculousness of this causing you to want to leave, however, I honestly think you have a great deal to offer and are a valuable asset to this online community. Sometimes a person needs to rise above the pettiness of others.
I personally had never associated any vulgarity to your username.

Both you and shelly may bring something to BYH that I believe is very helpful. Many of us have "small" BYH... many of us are also interested in graduating to larger more productive farm opportunities. The transition from one to the other is not only difficult but also requires the advice and valuable information that a larger producer can provide.

My appeal to you is to reconsider. The lightheartedness as well as the contributions you bring to BYH is a great loss to us.
I maybe selfish in asking, yes, but please consider those that are effected by your leaving.

Please put the foolishness of another behind you and continue on for the greater good of this community. As in any community, there is always that one "neighbor" who isn't very neighborly.

~Southern

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Shelly May said:
Marlowmanor, Sorry missed your question the other day on the weighing scale info, the sling that holds the lambs up was ordered from Premier 1, and they do have a manual weighing scale and a digital weighing scale, When I went to order the digital scale from them they were on backorder and I didn't want to wait as I was lambing now, so I ordered it from a company called McMaster-Carr, you can log on their site and research it. Part # 3952T52, as I said Premier 1 does have them but I needed it asap. Your shipping will be cheaper if you get both items from Premier, but I am not sure if you can wait??
Thanks, I will have to look into it. Kids aren't due for a month so I think I'd have time to order one if I wanted to.

As for FlockenCrazy I never associated anything bad with it. I thought it was cute really. Hope he reconsiders and comes back to share his vast knowledge as I believe many people will benefit from it.

As to the reporter, well some people just like to stir up trouble. :barnie

Latest posts