Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
What is left of my barn is a sopping wet mess. I had to cut slits in the cover to keep the rain for causing puddles in the cover and adding more weight to the already compromised frame so now it drips inside the barn. We had over an inch of rain last night and it is horrible out there. I will by buying many many many bales of straw today in hopes of making it a little more comfortable for the poor goats. I haven't even started milking as the goats refuse to come out in the rain to wait their turn, not that I blame them. Mother Nature needs to straighten up and fly right. I'm done...as is most of America right about now.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have officially lost track...about 23 kids born here in the last 3 days. I am to the point where I am dipping cords and not even bothering to check the sex....yup, it's a goat.

Mia and Alondra fight and I mean fight. This started about 3 weeks ago and I brought Mia to the house for a few days. Took her back to the barn and it was good for about a week and then they did it again. Mia is back in the house. Today Mia followed me to the barn and in my haste to get to a doe that was kidding I let her in the field and within 10 seconds they were fighting. So Mia is back in the house. I bring her inside as she is a little more mellow with the cats. I don't know what to do. It absolutely kills me to think of getting rid of Alondra or Mia but I think it will have to be Alondra as Mia is mine...all mine. I could try to put them in separate pens but that would mean that one of them lives with the bucks which also means no place to feed them and no real contact with me. I just can't do that to either one of them as they are both very people oriented. I wish I had a neighbor that needed an LGD.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry they're being bitches in every sense of the word. Wish I had words of wisdom for you but I'm clueless... Hope you can figure it out or find a good place for Alondra... :(

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are both such good dogs. No barking, no challenging fences, no chasing stock (maybe chickens...). And they both love me...that is what makes it so hard.