Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
The list wore me out. I am absolutely exhausted tonight, enough where I did chores and called it a night, and that is really rare for me. Tomorrow is another day and of course the new list of jobs is forming in my mind even now.

One of the biggest projects I need to do is the doors that the goats will use to enter and leave the barn. Of course we built this with the doors in one spot and now we have changed it so I need to move the door openings. Which means remove some siding, insulation, studs, FRP paneling, and plywood. Not a quick job but I need to get started on it this week. Then I still need to build the doors, I think they will be sliding doors, like for a barn. But I have no plans and it will be a "wing it" kind of job.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
My goodness Babs ya need to catch your Breath for a minute at least. That project is a bit out of my league, but I do know that if ya use wheels for the rollers, just make sure they can handle the weight of the door easily, otherwise ya will be cussing them before long.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I built 5 sliding barn doors a few months ago for the front of my barn; they are on a double track so they can bypass each other and the doors are heavy, very heavy. 4x8 sheet of 3/8" ply with 2x4 frame, overlaid with metal and cedar for the trim. 2x6 redwood for the bottom section. That project was quite the deal, took me about 3 hours to build each door. I still have 4 doors to modify as they are actually too tall once I put the rollers on; they hang a lot lower than I had planned. I also need to put a bottom track on them to keep them from swinging in the breeze but have to engineer that due to the ground not being level. This project will be easier.

The doors I am building this time are 3/8 plywood with 2x4 frame faced with red metal siding to match the building and no trim. They are going to be 36" wide and I think 4' tall or there about. I think I can do this, I just need to jump in.
upload_2017-5-30_21-19-8.jpeg

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
She does that to me also. There have been a couple of days that I got too tired to even start after reading her thread. ;)
:gig :lol: :yuckyuck :lol: :gig

:lol: You just crack me up, Mike!!! :lol:
Actually, there is an element of truth to what you & @OneFineAcre say!
Babs does seem to run circles around us, doesn't she? I suspect she is a few years younger than me, anyway. I might have been able to keep up with her ten years ago . . . :old