Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm hanging in there, just trying to learn how to live with the new me. I have anxiety and depression that I have never had to deal with before and I find it very strange. My nephew passed away two weeks ago and we were to go to a memorial for him and visit with my sister and brother but now it has been postponed due to the Coronavirus stuff. My sister is in OR and my brother is in NC and he won't travel, which is good. It's been rough.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My condolences to your family. It is tough to not be able to be with family at times like this. Not counting what you have been going through with having your whole life, and those plans and dreams upended like you have. I think of you often as I am making some adjustments to my plans to milk a couple of my cows next year and do herd/cow shares due to the constant rules and regulations and aggravations of dealing with the public. I really doubt that I will be going in that direction now, although at present have no intention to get rid of my cows but to get them all to take a couple extra calves as nurse cows.
Maybe this insanity with people with this covid-19 will change things for the better for people to learn to appreciate the ones that have small homestead-type farms, and for more to want to do more for themselves, or for those of us that do, to be able to do some sensible sales or bartering without the govt trying to make it all so "taboo" and considered as "unsafe or unhealthy".......

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My condolences to your family. It is tough to not be able to be with family at times like this. Not counting what you have been going through with having your whole life, and those plans and dreams upended like you have. I think of you often as I am making some adjustments to my plans to milk a couple of my cows next year and do herd/cow shares due to the constant rules and regulations and aggravations of dealing with the public. I really doubt that I will be going in that direction now, although at present have no intention to get rid of my cows but to get them all to take a couple extra calves as nurse cows.
Maybe this insanity with people with this covid-19 will change things for the better for people to learn to appreciate the ones that have small homestead-type farms, and for more to want to do more for themselves, or for those of us that do, to be able to do some sensible sales or bartering without the govt trying to make it all so "taboo" and considered as "unsafe or unhealthy".......
Probably the opposite, it will mean more rules and regulations, why waste a crisis?

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mr. @Simpleterrier,

Here is what Miss @farmerjan wrote on Aug 22, 2020 on Miss @rachels.haven's journal:
Have you read any of @babsbag journey into the making of the goat dairy in Ca? She went through he// with the regulations, and after getting it all up and going, with the snow that collapsed her barn, help problems that caused so much grief with getting the kids fed, and then her health problems and she finally sold it all. She made it on trailers, so it could be moved, and met all the regs in Ca....

Maybe Miss Farmerjan or others can provide more info. I really miss Miss Babsbag and hated to see her have to give up her dreams, especially considering how hard she worked to get it going.

Senile Texas Aggie