KDailey's Journal

KDailey

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ok here's the video and pictures I promised

This is the video of both puppies and my longhaired chihuahua Nuggett all playing tug-o-war with the same toy at the same time..... goofy dogs... :rolleyes: click it to make it play

The donkey, Willy. He's almost a year and a half old
2110ee8c.jpg

And Tootsie, This isn't all that recent but I think it's a cute picture of her
6d29a8ba.jpg

KDailey

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We're trying to get Tootsie to drink her milk out of a bucket so we can try to get her started eating calf starter pellets pretty quick. She needs something to munch on in between bottles.

Ryan is going with his dad on a job in Peru, Illinois. They're leaving at 3am on February 14th and will be gone for 9 days straight. So no Valentines day together this year. :( but the job is paying $18/hour so that's good. He's been half-heartedly looking for a job for the last year and a half and we really need more money than my part time job brings in. There's a job in a town nearby that's paying around $15/hour and I'm taking him over there to put in an application later today probably if he doesn't do it himself before I get off work. The goal is to eventually get in a position where I don't have to work and can stay home a cook/clean and take care of the animals the way I want it done. :fl

KDailey

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It's a miracle!!

I put 30 eggs from show quality birds in the incubator 3 weeks ago. About a week into it our power went out in the middle of the night and the incubator went completely cold, we don't know how long it was off. I got up to go to the restroom around 5:00am and realized it was off. There was nothing we could do except wait for it to come back on. It came back on around 6:00am. That's a whole hour that they were off and who knows when the power actually went off.

I went ahead and left the eggs in the incubator just in case, I mean you never know. Well as of this morning before I came to work, we have 4 hatched and 3 more zipped, 2 pipped. That's 9/30 so far and I wasn't even expecting a single one to hatch! Woohoo!!

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
We used to suffer from frequent power outtages, back before we got smart / got a generator.

If they were going to be long ones, DH used to pack up me, my computer, and my incubator...and take me to my mamas.

That probably sounds pretty easy, but this is a big Sportsman incubator I'm referring to....poor thing liked to kill himself loading / unloading it...but we'd have $$$ eggs in it every single time it happened.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
I had 6/9 hatch from the power outage I have a friend let me hatch some out. Now I want my own incubator :th

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
Incubators are fun. I have one that fits around a dozen eggs.

KDailey

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well the final count is 10 hatched but one little Japanese bantam chick was extremely extremely extremely tiny and and weak and didn't make it through last night. I was rooting for the little guy to make it but he was just too weak.

They are all out of show quality chickens so I'm really excited about it. We have 1 white silkie, 2 bantam brown leghorns, 2-3 black-tailed white japanese bantams, 2-3 Old english game bantams, and I'm not sure what else hatched. I'm still leaving the incubator on just in case we have a late bloomer. I'll probably turn it off tomorrow or monday and look at the eggs to see what they're labeled.

I traded a white crested black polish hen yesterday for 10 Pharaoh Quail chicks from my neighbor. She's the one who got me into chickens last summer and I bought the polish from her a couple months ago. It was one of her favorites so when I sold the rest of the polish I kept "Fanny" and offered her back to my neighbor. I recently bought 4 quail at a sale and had been looking for more so when she bought 40 quail chicks and I offered her "Fanny" back she offered a trade.

I am completely in love with these little guys! Their little chirps are so pretty to listen to and they're simply packed with personality. I can hardly wait the 6 weeks for them to start laying so I can hatch more of these pretty little fellas. :th

Latest posts