Keeping the water trough clean..

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
5 gallon buckets. The ewes (14 of them) have 3 buckets. Cooper the ram and Dessa his girlfriend have one bucket and Ringo the ram and Number One, his girlfriend have 2.
The plastic gets brittle in the heat and cold and I have to replace them every few years, but it works for me.

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
5 gallon buckets. The ewes (14 of them) have 3 buckets. Cooper the ram and Dessa his girlfriend have one bucket and Ringo the ram and Number One, his girlfriend have 2.
The plastic gets brittle in the heat and cold and I have to replace them every few years, but it works for me.
Thanks! Do you attach them to the fence with D rings? I think I am gonna get 2 buckets and give this a try.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
No, never attached them. Lambs can’t reach the water when the level drops, so get a 3 gallon bucket too. I go to donut shops and buy buckets. Can get lids too. Washed, can store kitchen stuff in them in the house. Outside, perfect height for lambs. They only last a year or two, but they work for me, as well as the 5 gallon buckets from Lowes’s.

TXMissy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
thank you

Latest posts