Kidding season at sweet horizon minis

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Either she is cystic or she needs selenium. I look at selenium first because that is an easy fix. If after BoSe she continues to cycle over and over I would think cystic.
The buck on the other hand could be having an issue. Selenium for the buck as well. If deficient, either buck or doe nutritionally can cause issues.
Generally it is the doe that has issues.
Friends of ours were trying to get their Nigerians bred. Over and over month after month nothing. They are well cared for, no parasites that would have any impact (IOW little to none), well fed etc.
I had mentioned giving selenium but their vet was certain they didn't need it. (No surprise there)
Eventually after many months they gave selenium to all the does. I think the buck too, not sure. Anyway all the does took.

Sweet horizon Nigerians

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Have not been on for awhile so I figured I'd drop in. Lillie is showing zero signs of being bred as of now so I'm almost 100%sure she did not take the first breeding which would have her kidding around Christmas time, if she took on the second breeding she is due around 2/22/19. Cami can be due as soon as Feb or as late as April depending on which breeding she took to if she took. If she is open I will breed her again in the fall, I don't think she could handle being pregnant through the summer...she panted so hard (open mouth panting) in 60degree weather last pregnancy while in shade or sun.

I have added 2 new goats to my herd! Both from rosasharn farm.
The doe is rosasharn eg belladonna "Bella"
IMG_3331.jpg
this is Bella ^

The buckling is rosasharn ws fox news*b
IMG955630.jpg

More photos to come these were both taken by Anne at rosasharn farm.

Trying to decide if I should breed Bella to fox or to Charlie... decisions decisions lol