Kinder Babylon kidded - PICS

dkluzier

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My unregistered kinder mama Babylon kidded today at 1:00 with big twin doelings. Both are goldish with grey spots. Daddy is 75% nubian 25% pygmy. :D :D :D

Doe #1 9lb 3 oz

498_babs_and_babies_061.jpg

Doe #2 10lb 4oz

498_babs_and_babies_059.jpg

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Those sure are some right purty and hefty young'ens! Bet mama's tired, huh?!?

Well done, Babylon! :clap

foxywench

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
runs away with baby number 2!

there both lovely but #2 has me swooning!
your only 5 hours away from me...im sure my family wouldnt notice adding a 7th "DOG" to the pack :p

"i swear dad, shes the strangest looking dog ive ever seen but she NEEDS me :p"

i need my own farm STAT!

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Just noticed something.. Could be camera trickery, and if not, you're probably already on it anyway, but.....

Doe #1...her ears look to be flipping back. If they stay that way, they'll stay that way...like, forever. If they keep wanting to flip back, you can make a little 'splint' out of a toilet paper roll tube thingy and tape it inside her ears for a few days.

We had one where both ears wanted to flip back, and another where it seemed like it was just one ear...the other ear kinda went back and forth. I taped up both of the one's ears, and the bad one of the other. All three of those ears ended up fine.

The back-and-forth ended up flipping back and stuck that way. It's no biggie, but I can tell you from experience that a goat looks kinda funny with one ear going one way and the other going the other way.

:gig

Just sayin...keep an eye on it. :)

Again...really pretty girls. :love

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Cute kids! Those are huge! My alpine buck was 7 pounds when he was born and I thought he was a big boy! 10 pounds? ouch!

Splinting her ear if it's not hanging right could be a good idea. We've got a mini-Mancha doe with elf ears who was born with one that flips up in a weird way, and didn't know we could fix it at the time, her being our first kid, so now she's stuck with ears pointing in different directions.

dkluzier

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Doe #1...her ears look to be flipping back.
Yeah, both ears almost have a folded appearance to them. We weren't sure if it would be a problem or not, they are symmetrical and we figured that she inheritated that trait from the pygmy side where as doe #2 has a nice forward nubian forward flop to her ears.

Guess I will discuss this with DH and see what he thinks. Mama doesn't like the coats I put on them so she won't like me messing with their ears either. Mama is Queen Goat of the herd. She already put the skoots on her mates last night who only wanted a peek at what is going on.

This goat had a 10lb first baby last year with a little 7 lb doeling twin that I had fussed about cause I thought the girl was soooo tiny!

Will she always have large kids??