Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are super busy!!! Man - that orchard is going to be awesome. Wish we could do cherries - doesn't get cold enough here. Watch out for that dragon plant - once it starts going it'll be huge!! I finally ripped mine out - they were huge, but never got fruit. They need to be pollinated like around 2AM !! Not happenin' here, somehow bats never found them to do the job - but the flowers were huge - if only for a day.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Progress may seem slow to you, but progress is being made! You are going to have a fabulous orchard. Your garden may be a mess right now, but it will get cleaned up, planted and yield vegetables. You are doing great!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't knock yourself! You have a job, 2 youngins to care for and the orchards/garden you want....that's a real load!!! BTDT. Do what you can, when you can. Grandparents may help, even just visiting to keep an eye on young ones, while talking to you as you plant!

Playpen for baby, a fenced play yard for older --outside by you -- hire a sitter -- just options I used. Then, a smaller garden some years. Hubs can step up, after all this is all half his.