Leg injury - possible torn tendon?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry, can't "like" your post as it's not "good news". But I hope as you do that she heals up and gets back to near "good as new".

jrs11

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Quick update in case anyone is curious - the doeling's leg was kept in a splint for three weeks. We went back weekly to have it changed. At her last appointment the vet decided her leg had healed enough to remove the splint. Sophia is still in strict confinement for at least two weeks to minimize the risk of reinjuring the leg, then canc slowly be given more freedom according to the vet. To be honest I'm terrified to let her back out in the pasture! I'm so worried she'll reinjure it after all this time and money. She may just live in my backyard forever :D

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh you will feel better as you watch her progress, ...then you will know when the time is right.....happy to hear she is mending well :) good job !:clap:thumbsup

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update! Hope she continues to improve.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear it is healing. She will need to walk around a little to help keep it stretched but, nothing excessive. So, yes, best to keep her where she won't be tempted or bullied by the others for a while. With pain, she'll go easy. It's probably going to be a couple months, they don't heal quickly like a cut. She's gonna be spoiled :D =D

Keep us updated.