Leg Injury

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I sure hope she gets better soon! I'm sure she'll feel much better once you clean it up really well and cool it off.

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
I agree, that wound is for the vet to evaluate at this point. It should not be hot a month later. Or so inflamed.

Yes, double shame on her owner for allowing that neglect and on the farm sitter, too. When I go away, I let the vet's office know that I authorize my sitter to authorize treatment. If I have an animal that I don't want heroic treatments done on, I state clearly what that means, too, and authorize them to make the decision to euthanize. In writing. With a credit card number.

But with cell phones today, you can't tell me that it was impossible to make contact with the owner. Phooey. :(

E an J Dixon

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I found the ad and really liked the girls,.....
Do you think the wrap would help her use that leg and lessen any pain she may be having.
I agree, that wound is for the vet to evaluate at this point. It should not be hot a month later. Or so inflamed.... .... you can't tell me that it was impossible to make contact with the owner. Phooey. :(

I an new to this list but have been working in the goat feild and owning them since 1977.
Vet soon! Last year we had a wether that had an injury that looked similar to that (when we found itbut not quite as advanced and our Vet lanced it and wrapped it. It healed and you could not tell it had been injured.

<div class="baseHtml signature messageText ugc"><aside>Owner/Operator DIXSIGNS ROMPING ROCK DAIRY www.dixsigns.com "May I never think I am so learnt about critters that I don't need the services of a fine Vet"
</aside></div>

Reactions: TAH

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings @E an J Dixon Not sure if you noticed the post date of the last post... This thread was last posted on (before you) almost 6 years ago to the day :ep Before my time, but I don't believe any of these folks are even active anymore... Glad your wether recovered fully :D =D

Reactions: TAH

Latest posts