Let's see them goats

goatdude95

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Post pics of your goats and herds, any breeds, any ages, Also your goat setups, pastures, cages whatever :)

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
0607091536.jpg

Ivan is the billy, head down in the middle, he is a fullblood born december of last year...the rest are the doelings that I'm keeping from last years kid crop, january-march born...they are all from the same sire and range from fullbloods to 88%...Ivan is unrelated and a recent addition....they are seperated from the rest of my herd because I didn't want to "overload" Ivan as it is his first breeding season...You can tell from the picture that their rumens are hard at work....they get NO feed concentrate...just grass,hay, and a few pine needles...

jettesunn05

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

This is Charleston. I obtained him after his mom got caught in the fence and died, the owner gave him to me! He is goofy and is pretty much the highlight of my day!! I gotta get him a friend!

broke down ranch

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
This is Tinkerbell thinking she's still a youngster (yes, she's doing the hop-twist-kick thing that kids do).
tinkerbell_playing.jpg

And this is Tinkerbell with her daughter Daisy trying to bully poor GiGi....lol
tinkerbell_gigi.jpg

onedozenphyllises

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My boy Surrey at the barn gate:

812_surrey_4-29-09.jpg

Patience:

812_p1010619.jpg

Perry the wether (no picture of his twin brother Walter, though):

812_perry_7-24-09.jpg

And our new girl, Blossom, being shy:

812_blossom.jpg

onedozenphyllises

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
jettesunn05 said:
This is Charleston. I obtained him after his mom got caught in the fence and died, the owner gave him to me! He is goofy and is pretty much the highlight of my day!! I gotta get him a friend!
He is adorable!! :love

onedozenphyllises

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
()relics said:
Ivan is the billy, head down in the middle, he is a fullblood born december of last year...the rest are the doelings that I'm keeping from last years kid crop, january-march born...they are all from the same sire and range from fullbloods to 88%...Ivan is unrelated and a recent addition....they are seperated from the rest of my herd because I didn't want to "overload" Ivan as it is his first breeding season...You can tell from the picture that their rumens are hard at work....they get NO feed concentrate...just grass,hay, and a few pine needles...
Is this a temporary run (as in movable)? If so, how are your panels connected? I'd love to be able to set up some sort of movable daytime run without sinking t-posts. Our goats are not actually major escape artists. As long as they're together, they're content. On the rare occasion that we find them on the wrong side of the fence, they're always standing there yelling for someone to let them back in. So I'm curious to know what you did here.

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
onedozenphyllises said:
()relics said:
Is this a temporary run (as in movable)? If so, how are your panels connected? I'd love to be able to set up some sort of movable daytime run without sinking t-posts. Our goats are not actually major escape artists. As long as they're together, they're content. On the rare occasion that we find them on the wrong side of the fence, they're always standing there yelling for someone to let them back in. So I'm curious to know what you did here.
they are 42"X16' livestock panels that are bent in half and wired together...you can almost see the wire on the closest connection...on the opposite side you can see the connection that is held with a snap clip that acts as a gate...I have been using the pen to clean up some of the more overgrown edges of the property...they stay in it durring the day and go back to the pasture at night...I move it the next morning before they come back out...The way I see it I save the gas money for the tractor to cut the weeds and give the young goats a fresh mixed pasture to graze...AND THEY LOVE IT....these panels are taken appart and brought inside the barn for the winter and used as smaller pens durring kidding season....I do worry about something getting inwith them but so far anything that comes around the dogs have chased away....German shorthaired pointers...Who would have guessed it...the new LGD....yeah right...

goatdude95

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I will post pics of my pygmy herd whenever i get them off my dumb camera, gah photography cameras can be annoying