Libertyangora's fiber rabbit journal

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
@Roving Jacobs how much was your blower?

I've heard there really expensive but haven't been able to find any online for sale. Although I haven't admittedly looked to hard to find them.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
welcome to byh. your rabbits look so soft and fluffy. i had a friend years ago who had angora rabbits, worked and spun the wool and knit some of the softest scarves i have ever felt. they felt like air around your neck. and she sold them for hundreds of dollars each in the D.C. area. good luck

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
@Roving Jacobs how much was your blower?

I've heard there really expensive but haven't been able to find any online for sale. Although I haven't admittedly looked to hard to find them.

I think it was around $100, it's a small b-air model. If you're patient you can find them used from dog groomers for less. I use it for a lot of things though so it was worth the cost to me.

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
@goatgurl thanks! Yes they are very soft and fuzzy! I have a couple drop spindles so I will hopefully be spinning soon.

@Roving Jacobs I think I will look on eBay and see if I can find something for cheap.

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I got a blow dryer that has a cooling option a couple of days ago. It works really well but the doe is very skittish whenever I turn it on... But I've only used it twice so she'll get used to it eventually.

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Let me know how this goes- especially with your breeding and fiber sales. I have an English buck myself and hope to be finding a mate for him soon. Best wishes to you!

Last edited:

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have yet to sell any fiber Because I've been trying to learn how to spin.and i will probably at least in the near future just try to sell the raw fiber. I will definitely post more when I start selling the fiber and breeding.

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Trying to decide whether or not to get another buck...
I found one for sale not that far way but I'm trying to decide whether or not to get him. It would be $100. I don't know... Any advice? His color is chocolate agouti and the sire is from very good lines.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Guess it depends on what your overall plans are....how many does do you currently have? I know that agouti is dominate to most other colors. I know there are websites with rabbit genetics calculators where you can put in the buck and doe color and get the possible offspring color.

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I only have one doe.
I have not gotten on any color calculators but I'll look for one tonight.
This spring when I breed I will be looking for the kits that I think will be good for meat and fiber and cull the rest.

Latest posts