Ligaments soft while laying, hard while standing

Keeper of insanity

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I came out to check Rainy. No stringy stuff. But, for the past 10 minutes she has tensed up and arched her head back every minute…😬🫣

Keeper of insanity

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I’m coming in for a couple hrs. I’m taking a nap. She stopped the every minute tensing/ head arching thing. I’m past tired. Her room is extra warm. I’ve sat here and watched at least one, hopefully two, roll around and make ripples on her belly. It’s been fun and kept me entertained. But I’ve got to lay down. Will update at next check👍

Keeper of insanity

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
9am check. So last night I noticed Rainey’s poop starting to not be individual balls but balls clumped together. She’s done that on occasion, and the next day or even within a few hrs it would be back to normal little balls. So I didn’t worry. This morning she started having solid logs…& while I was out observing she started having diarrhea just slowing coming out and hanging. Not watery but more liquid than solid. I’m positive it’s not mucus, it’s poop. I don’t see anything in the poop(blood, mucus, visible worms).
I did recently (about a week ago) get some new treats with probiotics. And we (all 8 people in the house) have been spending more time out there with her, and we usually have treats in out pockets.
Could it be the new treats? I’ve not given her any since 6/7am.

Edit- Eye lids are light pink and Rusty the male who also has been receiving treats (though not as much) has normal poop.
This goat🤦🏼‍♀️😭😫😩

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
9am check. So last night I noticed Rainey’s poop starting to not be individual balls but balls clumped together. She’s done that on occasion, and the next day or even within a few hrs it would be back to normal little balls. So I didn’t worry. This morning she started having solid logs…& while I was out observing she started having diarrhea just slowing coming out and hanging. Not watery but more liquid than solid. I’m positive it’s not mucus, it’s poop. I don’t see anything in the poop(blood, mucus, visible worms).
I did recently (about a week ago) get some new treats with probiotics. And we (all 8 people in the house) have been spending more time out there with her, and we usually have treats in out pockets.
Could it be the new treats? I’ve not given her any since 6/7am.

Edit- Eye lids are light pink and Rusty the male who also has been receiving treats (though not as much) has normal poop.
This goat🤦🏼‍♀️😭😫😩
Aw poor baby, maybe hormones? I don’t know, my goats get treats like pumpkin and squash.