Llama minerals

TGreenhut

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
To those who keep llamas as herd guardians with goats:

I provide loose goat minerals for my goats in their stalls (where the llamas can't get it), but what should I give to my llamas? I know they can't have the copper that goats can so should I put out sheep loose minerals? Is it bad if the goats have access to some sheep minerals even if they have goat minerals in their stall? I can't find specially formulated llama minerals in my area.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Stillwater or Golden Blend or Evans minerals are all good minerals. You will have to order them online though.

TGreenhut

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Would it be okay for goats to have access to it as well (but not their prime source of minerals)?

Goatherd

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Would it be okay for goats to have access to it as well (but not their prime source of minerals)?
My alpaca have access to goat minerals and my goats have access to alpaca mineral. Trust me, neither are that crazy about loose minerals so I don't worry! No one is dead yet.

TGreenhut

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Goatherd said:
My alpaca have access to goat minerals and my goats have access to alpaca mineral. Trust me, neither are that crazy about loose minerals so I don't worry! No one is dead yet.
:lol: I figured. Just wanted to make sure, though. Thanks!

Latest posts