LMP's 2019 Farrowing Thread: New babies from Lucy and Prissy

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You do know they never really stop growing, right? That's why we bought and later slaughtered Wilbur, the 820 pound boar, he just got too big. What will you do with a 1,000 pound pet that can roll your car over? Wilbur was such a dear, that I started to feel bad with our plans to make him dinner (and breakfast and lunch and snacks and leftovers) and I totally understood why his Mommy couldn't eat him. Honestly, if I had unlimited acreage, I might have been tempted to just turn him out. It would have been like turning loose a destructo tank with an Artificial Intellegence brain, capable of anything, so maybe that would have been a bad idea.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
You do know they never really stop growing, right? That's why we bought and later slaughtered Wilbur, the 820 pound boar, he just got too big. What will you do with a 1,000 pound pet that can roll your car over? Wilbur was such a dear, that I started to feel bad with our plans to make him dinner (and breakfast and lunch and snacks and leftovers) and I totally understood why his Mommy couldn't eat him. Honestly, if I had unlimited acreage, I might have been tempted to just turn him out. It would have been like turning loose a destructo tank with an Artificial Intellegence brain, capable of anything, so maybe that would have been a bad idea.
True...
I have a soft spot for pigs, not sure why but I just love them! I've been wanting to raise Julianas for a while now...that'll happen soon i hope.
I'm not a pork eater so if i were to butcher it, it would go to my neighbors. Or i could just give it a huge piece of land and let it be ? Not sure what i want to do yet...but i know i want a curly-coated piglet ;)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe you should stick with the Julianas. They are cute and small. A curly coated piglet is cute, but won't be small for long! On the other hand, it might convert you to eating pork.
🥓

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Im going to go on a rant because this week has been ****. One of the calves passed on tuesday. Then the next morning jolly birthed 7 piglets, but only four were viable. I noticed immediatly the new babes werent nursing properly and I spent that evening trying to separate her from the rest of the herd as Jolly thought the older piglets were hers and she was catering to them completely ignoring her newborns. Of course she managed to break out of her pen and only two piglets were alive by the morning. Desparate i rushed the remaining two home where I tried so damn hard to save them. I spent hours trying everything I could think of to bring them back but it just didnt work. They passed last night. Didn’t help yesterday was six months since my dad died. Its just been a weird past few days. However in the middle of a very needed mental breakdown I saw a shooting star..so that means something I guess.