LocoYokel - Born in a Barn

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I couldn't help myself...
20171106_165322.jpg
20171109_185610.jpg
20171109_185652.jpg

:love:love:loveMeet Thurston Jr. and Lovey, the lost Howell kids! :love:love:love

I only had two litters survive this year, out of three so that's not quite so terrible... One was from Ella and Pookie, a Flemish Giant buck I borrowed. The other was from Ma'tilda and FurNando. A lady came to get one of Ella's doe kits and ended up letting her daughter have a buck from the other litter. Guess who didn't get separated soon enuff! We have been keeping in touch by email and when she told me about the litter I asked her if she would be willing to sell me back a buck, she said if I took two I could just have them! She also drove the two hour drive with all 8 kits, we sexed them and I got to take my pick.
They are so sweet, unlike the kits I raise for meat these two have been held and cuddled and loved since birth. They are still small enuff (8 weeks) that I can pick them up without my back screaming at me, O the cuddles in the barn have been good for my heart.
I never realized Thurston's true colors until I took photos, he just looked solid grey that day I picked him for his size. Lovey had the most color of the white ones, her pale grey siamese points should darken as she gets older. She has the softest coat, must be from her Silver Fox grandpa, 'Nando. They will live in the barn till spring as they are so young and DH needs to build me another hutch, or three...:hide

It is truly like having lost family return from a deserted island, second generation! :weee