Lonely quarantine ewe

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My poor ewe lamb has been calling for me, or company in general all day.
Its only day 5 of her quarantine so its not like I can let her back outside a day early or anything.
Is there anything I can do to help make her a bit more comfortable by herself?

marlowmanor

Reaction score
buy another sheep to keep her company? :lol:

I thought she was bought as a cuddle buddy for your new LGD pups? Or was that someone else? :hu

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
marlowmanor said:
buy another sheep to keep her company? :lol:

I thought she was bought as a cuddle buddy for your new LGD pups? Or was that someone else? :hu
Nope that was me, but with the lice and unknown health (I suspect shes fine, but knowing my luck...) I dont want to be transporting the pups from the sheep out to the goats and possibly transferring things. X_X
We will be getting more sheep, but not til May when there weened :lol:

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
CrazyCatNChickenLady said:
Yeah I was wondering too.. Isnt she the only sheep? Is there a lot that can transmit from sheep to goats? :hu
Yes she is the only sheep, and when I researched the transferable diseases I couldn't find much of anything? Though I would be the one with the luck who gets some unknown disease.
I treated her for lice, do you know if its species specific? Or would goats be effected by it?

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
She's lonely...all by herself and no sheep for company...you need to dress up in a sheepskin outfit, go out there and baaaaaaa talk to her ;)

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
bonbean01 said:
She's lonely...all by herself and no sheep for company...you need to dress up in a sheepskin outfit, go out there and baaaaaaa talk to her ;)
Haha, I do that threw the door. Shes penned in the garage, so when im in the kitchen and she calls I...do call back :rolleyes: then poke my head out and talk to her. Though I wont go as far as dressing up! Though maybe if I throw some wool on the barn cat she might just think hes a sheep XD

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
bonbean01 said:
:lol:

Yup...cat might do it ;)

Want you all dressed up like a sheep and baaaing...and a video to boot!
Hehe, I will see if the cat wants to be a willing sacrifice for the lamb haha
And yeah right you wish!!