Looking for Advice and Experience

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Heck LS I have so much I'm dealing with now, one more thing doesn't really make a difference. It helps me to stay on top of the daily pain and have to take aspirin for heart each day anyway. Mom always said that I had an Iron stomach. I keep telling the Doc that I have to die of something, with so many different things biting at my A**, sooner or later one of them will get a Bite....:)
But, it just ain't in me to do nothing, and I've stared "Death" in the face many times in life and ain't scared of it either. I don't know anything different as life, so I just take it as it comes and "Roll with the Punches". :)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Latestarter , @AClark here is a pic of my knee...just so ya know I ain't just "Whistlin Dixie".... IMAG1793.jpg. This is everday normal, with aboug 30% range of motion....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Something that grotesque wouldn't get any "Excited" for anything other than a Pain pill....:gig

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Ummm yeah... If you were closer I'd offer you one on mine (pain pills) that looks quite painful... I was addicted to cigarettes for over 40 years... Stopped in September of 2010 and now I wonder why I ever smoked to begin with. No longer have "cravings" but have the occasional instances when I think to myself "right about now I would have been lighting up". I don't have any intention of getting addicted to pain pills. I have to be in some pretty decent pain before I'll even consider taking one.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
The last time I took a pain pill other than aspirin was probably 20 years ago at which time I found out that I was allergic to codeine. The last time I 'needed' pain medication I had torn the meniscus in my knee and the doctor sent me home with codeine. I told him I was allergic and he told me to take Benadryl with it. Seriously???? !!!!! I am home alone more often than not, I live in the country where emergency help is probably 30 minutes away, if they find me all, and he says, "itching is normal...take Benadryl". The full bottle is still in my drawer.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like your cig addiction was habit based rather than chemical @Latestarter I seriously doubt I would get addicted to pain pills because I just HATE the way they move my brain outside my body. It is very sad how many people do though.

Now back to @CntryBoy777's topic:
How are those brace wires coming Fred?? :)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMAG1792.jpg @Bruce this is a pic of the wire, it is barbLess wire, but is 2strands that are twisted like barbed wire. However, barbed wire is the most commonly used for bracing here.