Looks like Brownie may kid today.

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, sorry to keep everyone hanging on, but she still hasn't done anything yet! She's had lots of goo all day and still has some and it's gradually getting darker in color, but nothing to be concerned about yet. She's taking her sweet time about this, but isn't that the way goats are? Her udder continues to get shiner and shiner and she's looking really strutted at this point. She's probably in labor, but not moving very fast. No water broken, so the babies should just be getting in position for the big event. Come one babies!:th

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Doe code all over again! They keep giving us lessons! ;) She does look pretty near ready... Looking forward to kid pics! Hope everything goes without a hitch!

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, the worst outcome, she had 2 little doelings and lost both of them. The last time I checked on Brownie I found her with one baby already dead and the second one barely breathing. She had made no attempt to clean either of them up. I called my neighbor to come and help me keep the one that was still alive going while I milked some colostrum from Brownie. We got quite a bit, and got a little bit down the remaining live doeling, but it was too late. It had only been an hour between the last 2 checks, but that was just a little too long. Those little darlings just have no reserves when they are born. :(

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Awwww... Really sorry to hear it :hit That really sucks. Do you have any others carrying kids? I hope these weren't your only ones.

Latest posts