Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Blacky is doing great. So antibiotics must have worked.
20221213_115704.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a pretty spotted trio!

We got storms on the way! While I was in therapy this morning, her daughter sent a text, “I love you. In a stairwell at work, there’s a tornado going over us”. She was in McKinney.
Storm is on its way here, my sister called to warn me.
You and family be safe!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not a pusher of antibiotics.... but please do a follow up second shot. Make sure the "bug" causing the congestion are "killed"... one of the biggest problems with using an antibiotic is that it doesn't get all the germs, and then a week or 2 later it comes back with more resistance. That is one of the reasons for all the new rules going into effect because of the resistance that comes along from not "killing the bug/infection/disease" the first time out. Most LA-200 shots say to do a second dose in 2-3 days if I can remember it.....
We often run the animals in for a 2nd shot even when they are looking better.... if they "come back down with it" again it will be harder to kill it.
Believe me, we do not use alot of antibiotics.... I don't like to use them... but when we do, we make sure they get "better" ..... Some things don't need a follow up shot... but respiratory things can be tricky... With the size of the lamb, you are not looking at any great expense for a little better hedge.
I am glad that is seemed to get him heading in the right direction. That is also in part due to your GOOD observant "husbandry" of watching and knowing your animals.:thumbsup:yesss::clap:clap

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Blacky got his 2nd shot of antiniotic and been great. I just weighed them and they are 22lbs each. That is 0.7lbs/wk gain. Aria is getting extra feed and looking good.
20221227_195354.jpg

No freeze damage at the farm. Sheep were unamused at walking to house to get warm water.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
So the line to septic sprayers is broken. Unsure if it is the freeze or FIL's driving around with tractor. Either way we had a big ice puddle.

I found a steal of a deal on a used playground yesterday. We drove an hour each way and 2 hours to break it down. $200 plus gas for ~$800 worth of accessories. The build for our new swingset is pushed back to next week due to incoming rain.