Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
More tree branches down thru paddocks. Show sheep pen is nice and dry. The south pen with Snickers and ewes, not so much.
P_20240504_074754.jpg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I get paper receipts, I generally shove them in junk drawer of desk for later. Welp, it's later. This is 1Q2024 sorted by store.
View attachment 107671
Good job!! This year I'm religiously keeping track of in and out. Set up an income/expense notebook and taped a big envelope on the back cover. So far so good keeping things up to date (WAY better than last year and before receipts in every nook and cranny).

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great idea! And with pretty blue hay string too! I just love it that hay string comes in such lovely decorative colors.

Thinking about @Ridgetop this morning. Talked to her yesterday afternoon at 2, they were still 200 miles out from Yantis. Sheep will get there today and unload in the rain. Hopefully rain will be gone up there soon. Radar shows a big blob of storm.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great idea! And with pretty blue hay string too! I just love it that hay string comes in such lovely decorative colors.

Thinking about @Ridgetop this morning. Talked to her yesterday afternoon at 2, they were still 200 miles out from Yantis. Sheep will get there today and unload in the rain. Hopefully rain will be gone up there soon. Radar shows a big blob of storm.
I've been wondering if her new ranch was in the rainy areas. I figured no news was good news. Won't be long now and we'll be hearing from her - if she slows down enough - she's got to be going 100mph PLUS now.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday at work was another disaster. I found someone had tie-wired a tag listing me as Project Lead on a LOTO box for project I don't own. I mentioned in managers meeting and it was the site safety guy. He blew up to effect "It was a reminder for myself! I ALWAYS have issues with your locks!". I left the rest of the meeting so I didn't respond in kind.

Many meetings including how to eliminate repeat of incident with injury on Friday. At end of that meeting in afternoon, I find out contractors tapped into a live line NEXT to tank that was my project. The contractors that I SPECIFICALLY warned the line was NOT inside my Lock Out Tag Out, just the tank.

I'm finishing up my action items for the Friday incident, when we receives word an EVEN more serious incident occurred at the other plant. I know the safety guy was stressed but doesn't excuse him yelling at me. I am going to demand in writing a list of MY LOTOs and projects he has had issues with and WHY he has not previously brought they to my and my supervisor's attention.

Last edited:

Latest posts