Maternity farm work clothes needed!

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I approve of the above ideas. But no dresses. Dresses are for girls...and mosquitos and ticks. You can be a girl after chores are done and you're showered.
Ill fitting preg genes and big ole' cheap men's T shirts were what I resorted to, but clothing crisis was the theme of the day with Ds#1 & 2. Either that or a gangster tent woman. Never had a pair of preg genes that would stay up or a t shirt that would fit the watermelon and not be a tent on the rest of me.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
All the mennonite women here wear dresses and such. I personally won't even wear shorts in the barns due to hating the feel of flies on my bare legs.... One of the less strict families; the daughter wears like shorts under a skirt...skorts? maybe...
but they all wear them and i guess that if you grow up with only dresses, you never even think about the inconvenience....

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Actually. other than the ticks, etc. dresses are actually cooler in the summer heat since the air can waft up underneath. When driving in the summer heat I always used to wear mid calf full light weight skirts with a tank top. You can ruck up the skirt to get AC underneath it, the skirt is full and non binding, and on long trips with no rest stop areas, you can pull up the skirt, perch on the running board on the passenger side of the truck, and pee without any problem or having to find a bush. LOL If the ide of the road is good enough for the gander . . . . LOL

Overalls are very comfortable. Probably why men like them while they kept us in corsets! ;)

ChickenMomma

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
do you have a second hand childrens clothing store near you? Ours here sells maternity clothes and you could get some nice pants and tops for $3-4 a piece that woulnd't matter if you got manure on them. just my two cents :)