Might have snuffles

Mickael

Just born
Reaction score
I have a does that is showing sign of snuffles. Yes I know what it looks like. Her has 8 buns that are 3 weeks old. Hope to get them to 4 weeks. I have sheet metal between all my cages so that rabbit can't see or touch rabbits in the next cage. Will this steel metal keep the snuffles from getting to others until I can wean buns or do I need to move all now. I'm spraying cages daily to kill germs :( . These are meat rabbits.

Prairiechick

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It sounds like stress induced respiratory infection. I have a doe that gets it with every litter. I keep the kits in until 6-weeks. They have already been exposed, so either some will get it or they won't. Watch them. I would try to separate the whole litter with the doe, preferably to outside if you can.
Once you pull the kits out, I have used Batril with success on snuffles/respiratory crud. VetRX helps with symptoms but will not clear it up.
Good luck.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have two options with P, either cull hard to try and have a P free herd or breed resistance from your carriers. P will travel by air to other cages when they sneeze, others may already have it or be resistant to it. Unless it is chronic or getting worse, you could still use her for meat and resistance. But if you sell any live rabbits, best to put down any that show snot, breathing issues, etc than to keep them.