Molly and Lily's kidding thread, 2nd kidding was disasterous

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Unfortunately Molly's baby got stuck and was positioned with a back leg and head first. Was nearly impossible to get out, baby was stuck in the pelvic bones. Couldn't even get my hand between the body and Mom's bones. We were right on the verge of euthanizing her. After about an hour and a half, we got him out, he was so bent out of shape. Poor thing. Now we are worried about Molly after all that. My hubby decided against a vet, as she is just a weed eater, and the kid was not saveable. What a horrible experience. Lilly was so easy, I never thought this would happen. The poor thing worked on that baby all day, but he was almost 7 pounds, and just a pygmy. (dad is just as small as mom). So tragic. makes me dread another kidding season, ever. Really hoping she will pull through. So sad...

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thanks, it was awful. Guess I should have known something bad had happened when it took so long. Thanks, though. Such a horrible night.

CochinBrahmaLover=)

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
paynemom said:
Thanks, it was awful. Guess I should have known something bad had happened when it took so long. Thanks, though. Such a horrible night.
:hugs

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
It was really rough. We honestly got to the point of deciding to shoot her because we could not get him out. So far she is ok, walks funny and looks super sore. Gave her an injection of pen g, and electrolytes. Hoping she keeps eating and drinking. I am really worried about infection. How long does it take to tell if a uterine infection is happening? We tried to be clean, but she pooped a little here and there and with all the pushing and pulling she could have a tear. Wish she understood we were trying to save her, not hurt her. Thanks, everyone. So nice to have feedback.