Moving barn need advice

FahrendorfFarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
hey everyone need some advice, i have a 12x28 amish built shed it was built without a floor as it was supposed to be used for goats, since then it has been used for hay storage. but erosion has gotten the best of the shed limesand floor. barn has to be moved and trying to figure out how to do it without destroying the barn. it holds about 350 bales so really cant just destroy it, building a platform floor to put inder it when its moved. Any suggestions?

MDres

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I imagine you paid a pretty good price for it when you bought it. I know those sheds aren't cheap, and 12x28 is a big one. I would hire a company with the right equipment to move it for you. Just about any place that sells sheds can hook you up with a mover. It might cost you a few hundred dollars, but it would be worth it because you aren't damaging the shed....

FahrendorfFarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
they wont move it cause once they touch it there liable and if anything happens they dont wanna fix it i already tried that. and i truely dont blame them

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I found a toe truck company with a flat bed to move some for me. It was a really big pain in the butt. We used a tractor and chains to lay them on their sides,
because they did not have floors either. Cost us quite a bit to move them, but I was buying them from someone down the road.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Would it be possible to cut/take the sides off and basically turn it into a giant flat box puzzle?