Moving to Texas

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Hope you have a safe and productive trip this time around as well as next time when you're actually moving! Absolutely - rain check accepted! I'm sure we'd all like to meet you and make you feel welcome here :D It's difficult when you move to a new place an don't know anyone...

tressa27884

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry y'all. Didn't get in til late last night and I was exhausted. Love. Love. Love the property. Walked about 10 acres of it, got to the creek/wood line and decided I didn't want to get lost in the woods on the remaining 8 acres. A lot of work to do, but I'm excited. Who has a tractor they want to come pull trees out with? :bow. The good news is that at the end of it, I'll have about 16 acres of usable pasture for my critters and a garden. After I build a bridge across the creek.

The bad news is that the FHA inspector has yet to show up, even though we were supposed to have the report on Monday before I got there, hasn't even looked at the house yet, so we had to reschedule - which means pushing back closing until 12/5.:he

If you're on FB I posted a video on the City Chick Ranch page! Cant wait to get to Texas permanently. Hoping to wake up there 1/1/16.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That sounds great. Since you, @Devonviolet and @Latestarter will all be so close to each other, maybe ya'll can work out a work day on each other's place. Take turns helping each other out on fencing, that seems to be the most pressing need for all 3 of you. By yourselves, it's a hard task, together ya'll could make progress.

Oh, don't worry about the FHA inspector being late and having to reschedule, things will go wrong. It's the law. You think you have everything all lined up and someone drops the ball and slows down the whole process. But, it WILL get done, just hope you don't have too many frustrating moments.

Glad the walk through went well. Your place sounds really nice!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some of us don't "do" Facebook (and are not twits either ;) ) Sorry I can't see the farm, but glad you like it! Hold tight, it will soon be yours.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I went to your page, only to find that I was signed on ??? I DID sign on a week or so ago and must have NOT signed off before closing the page... Aside from these two times I haven't been on FB in over 2 years. I get too easily caught up in the politics and rants/raves. too much BS for me to deal with any more.