MrsDieselEngineer's Herd Journal

MrsDieselEngineer

The Goat Lady
Joined
Jul 17, 2011
Messages
407
Reaction score
3
Points
66
Location
Ossipee NH
Okay, here are some pictures! It's snowing today so the goats are all inside but some of these pictures I took the other day before we got buried in cold, wet, white stuff... no, I don't like snow.

First off, puppy pictures.

DSCN4081-1.jpg


DSCN4157.jpg


And a few goat pictures!

DSCN4083-1.jpg


DSCN4104-1.jpg


DSCN4112.jpg


DSCN4121-1.jpg


DSCN4145-1.jpg
 

marlowmanor

New Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2011
Messages
3,455
Reaction score
0
Points
0
MrsDieselEngineer said:
Okay, here are some pictures! It's snowing today so the goats are all inside but some of these pictures I took the other day before we got buried in cold, wet, white stuff... no, I don't like snow.



And a few goat pictures!



http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj36/nhspanishmustang/DSCN4104-1.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj36/nhspanishmustang/DSCN4112.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj36/nhspanishmustang/DSCN4121-1.jpg
I love the jumping picture! When did the black adn white spotted kid arrive and is is a doe or buckling? I absolutely love the coloring! :drool :love I may have seen it before but I don't want to look back and see!

ETA: Never mind I looked back and figured it out, I think. The little black and white ones are Sophia's bucklings right?
P.S. The jumping picture would be a cute POW! ;)
 

MrsDieselEngineer

The Goat Lady
Joined
Jul 17, 2011
Messages
407
Reaction score
3
Points
66
Location
Ossipee NH
The black headed boer doeling is Sophia's and the spotted black/white buckling is Bonnie's. Bonnie is 1/2 Boer and 1/2 Nigerian Dwarf, sire of the kids is a Nigerian dwarf. She had twin bucklings but I already sold on of them to a lady out in NY who wanted to bottle feed :) Both of these kids are for sale as well ;)
 

marlowmanor

New Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2011
Messages
3,455
Reaction score
0
Points
0
MrsDieselEngineer said:
The black headed boer doeling is Sophia's and the spotted black/white buckling is Bonnie's. Bonnie is 1/2 Boer and 1/2 Nigerian Dwarf, sire of the kids is a Nigerian dwarf. She had twin bucklings but I already sold on of them to a lady out in NY who wanted to bottle feed :) Both of these kids are for sale as well ;)
Ok, got it. I saw the post where Bonnie's kids were shown but no mom name was on it. I do love Sophie's doe too, I love the boers that aren't traditional red/white. I have a thing for things that are different! If I were to ever get enough land to have a nice herd of goats I would be tempted to get boers but have a herd of black headed boers and other non traditional colors!
 

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Joined
Jul 13, 2011
Messages
3,518
Reaction score
5
Points
129
Absolutely loved the pics. Thanks so much for sharing.

K
 

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Joined
Aug 26, 2011
Messages
1,640
Reaction score
3
Points
94
Location
Oregon
So adorable. Thank you for the puppy picture! I have been wanting another rottie. I think you will help me though it with your pics. ;) I love black and white goats. She is beautiful. Thank you for sharing all the pictures. I wish we had snow, we might be getting some this weekend. :fl
 

MrsDieselEngineer

The Goat Lady
Joined
Jul 17, 2011
Messages
407
Reaction score
3
Points
66
Location
Ossipee NH
Fortheloveofgoats, you can come take all the snow you want! Haul it off my the dump truck load, I won't miss it ;)

Casanova got aggressive with me yesterday, doe in heat, he thought I was going to take her from him. He came at me and I grabbed my shepherds staff and wack... I hit myself in the face. Oops. I chased him off than dealt with the pain in my face. This is the first time Casanova has ever shown any aggression, he's always been a perfect gentleman. Guess hormones got to him.
I have a nice bruise from just under my right eye down to my jaw. To make matters worse I trimmed Dandy's feet and she caught the back of my thigh and ripped upwards with her horn. Ouch. I decided to quit working with the animals before I got hurt again.

Marlowmanor, I'd love to have a few spotted boers to go with my couple of black headed ones but I've never seen one even remotely close to us. I do like the red headed boers though, and also the red paints.
 

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Joined
Jul 13, 2011
Messages
3,518
Reaction score
5
Points
129
MrsDieselEngineer said:
Fortheloveofgoats, you can come take all the snow you want! Haul it off my the dump truck load, I won't miss it ;)

Casanova got aggressive with me yesterday, doe in heat, he thought I was going to take her from him. He came at me and I grabbed my shepherds staff and wack... I hit myself in the face. Oops. I chased him off than dealt with the pain in my face. This is the first time Casanova has ever shown any aggression, he's always been a perfect gentleman. Guess hormones got to him.
I have a nice bruise from just under my right eye down to my jaw. To make matters worse I trimmed Dandy's feet and she caught the back of my thigh and ripped upwards with her horn. Ouch. I decided to quit working with the animals before I got hurt again.

Marlowmanor, I'd love to have a few spotted boers to go with my couple of black headed ones but I've never seen one even remotely close to us. I do like the red headed boers though, and also the red paints.
Hormones have a lot to do with changing moods. I found out about Hormones and changing moods from a 2 lbs bunny. Now that's Nothing compared to a goat. lol Sorry to hear about the bruises. I don't think your animals meant to hurt.

It's nice to have spots, shakes things up, but traditionals still are impressive. Paints as well. Nice looking herd MrsDiesel. Thanks for sharing.

K
 

Latest posts

Top