MrsDieselEngineer's Herd Journal

MrsDieselEngineer

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
New goats! Picked up a 4 year old Oberhasli doe and a Nigerian/Boer mix, tri colored doe, who should be about 2 months pregnant to a Nigerian. Of course I NEEDED two more goats
l034.gif

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

LivinWright Farm and I drove round trip 9 hours to pick up these guys and their new extremely cute Nigerian kids
wind14.gif

But we had fun!
leb.gif

MrsDieselEngineer

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
Jaqui (from LivinWright Farm) came over yesterday and helped me install a buck pen :) Right now it's housing Marley and Daisy (from LivinWright Farm) and my own Pygmy, Ruka. Bullet is also temporarily installed there.

Casanova has bred two of the Boer does so far since his arrival on Tuesday. Looks like a couple other does may be coming into heat as well! We should have 3 does kidding in December, one in Jan-Feb, and a few more in March and April :pop Lots of kids! Already have a couple buck kids spoken for, so hopefully at least one or two of the does have a buckling ;)

My DH is coming home this coming week!!! :woot :weee :woot :weee He's been deployed since July, it will be wonderful to have him home again! :love

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new goats! But more congratulations on your DH coming home! :)

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Congrats on DH coming home!! :celebrate I can't imagine going through what military wives have to go through, I am a big baby. Does he get to stay home this time or just home for a while???

Congrats on the new goats too!! They are keepers. :D

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Oh, didn't know your DH was deployed. Congrats on him coming home. What branch is he in? And congrats on the new goats.

s7862.gif
meheh heh, meheh heh, meheh heh, meheh heh, meheh heh, meheh heh

MrsDieselEngineer

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
Oh, didn't know your DH was deployed. Congrats on him coming home. What branch is he in? And congrats on the new goats.

http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s7862.gif meheh heh, meheh heh, meheh heh, meheh heh, meheh heh, meheh heh
:yuckyuck :gig

My DH works for Military Sealift Command, he's not in the military but works for them. He's a Chief Engineer on board supply ships.

Daisychick, Normally he's gone for 4-5 months at a time and home for a month in between, but this time he gets almost 2 months off :weee
It is hard, but it makes him coming home like a honeymoon over and over again :clap And who doesn't like that?! LOL

Latest posts