My new house

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Soon it will feel like home sweet home!

The dogs seem to like the new furniture. I guess you got the reclining love seat for yourself?

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
Just a quick update- I've been doing some yard work making it more presentable.
Earlier today I had to go for an interview at the company my boyfriend works for and long story short I START WORKING ON MONDAY MORNING!!! :celebrate:woot:yesss:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
No leaves at my house! Hope you had your hearing protection on

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Noises that you can tolerate will, over time give you a VERY annoying ringing in your ears, like a doorbell that NEVER shuts up, not to mention hearing loss to go along with it. Ask me how I know.

Even with earplugs, I worked in machine and welding shops when I was younger and I still got hearing damage. It didn't help that I played loud music with the car windows down with my hair blowing. I sang along and had one damn fine time. I shot guns with no ear muffs and that didn't help any.

The noise that a leaf blower makes is a great example of noise that doesn't bother you now, but will rob you of your hearing. My ears are ringing right now. I'm sure you don't want that for yourself.

Get your PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) Safety. Safety. Safety. If they don't offer you PPE, then ask if they have safety equipment. If they have none, then get your own. Wear your EARPLUGS. And while we're at it, wear eye protection too. Safety goggles. If this company doesn't recognize safety equipment as being important, then it is a sure bet that they don't recognize you as being important.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I was given a safety vest yesterday, no safety goggles seeing how they had to order more so on the way to work this morning my boyfriend and I are stopping at Walmart to get me a pair (I like the polarized sunglasses type). On Saturday Kevin (my boyfriend) and I had to buy me a pair of steel toe boots.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Noises that you can tolerate will, over time give you a VERY annoying ringing in your ears, like a doorbell that NEVER shuts up, not to mention hearing loss to go along with it. Ask me how I know.
:thumbsup

There is not likely going to be a time machine to go back and correct the "I'll be fine" decision when one's hearing is shot.